Monday, April 13, 2009

Jane Mellert announces her Candidacy

Jane Mellert of Plainfield Township has announced her candidacy for Northampton County Council. Mellert, a lifelong resident of Northampton County, stated that she is running because she sees a need for someone with experience in all areas of government and fiscal management. "I believe that my 20 plus years involvement in municipal and regional government and civic matters has made me a viable candidate for County Council".

Mellert has been a Plainfield Township Supervisor, and has served on the financial committee, environmental boards, police study committee, long range planning committee, recycling boards, open space preservation committee, and has been involved with various recreation projects. Mellert has worked professionally building governmental budgets, administering subdivision plans and has been employed by municipalities in these capacities.

Mellert, a Republican also believes that her extensive history in this area gives her a strong understanding of the people and growth in our area." I was raised on a dairy farm in Plainfield Township, my husband of 30 years and I have raised our daughters here and I have a long history of involvement in our community. I think that between my personal history and professional experience I will bring an insightful, mature and fiscally responsible outlook to County Government."

Jane Mellert joins five other Republicans vying for five open seats for County Council at Large in the May 19 Primary.

No comments:

Post a Comment